Monday, September 6, 2010

D-Link 2-Bay Network Attached Storage Enclosure DNS-323 Decide Now


Over All Rating Reviews :
I just bought this device and wanted to share some key points with you.
By the way I upgraded the firmware to the latest version 1.2b.

1) The drive can not be configured in any way until you install a harddrive and let the NAS format it. This means that if you don't pick a drive that the original firmware supports your out of luck.

2) There are far to many Firefox related bugs to mention so if you want to configure this drive make sure you can access the NAS from the IE browser.

3) They still have bugs related to file names. I have gotten numerous warnings that a file name is too long. However, the file name is usually less than 30 characters. I have made tests and found that file names that it originally reported as an error can actually be copied to the NAS individually with out error. I think the error arises when trying to copy directories of thousands of files. Also it is a bit scary when it messes up due to this warning. For me it created an entire subtree where every file and directory name was truncated to 8 characters. It does seem however that if you choose the "auto rename" option when you get this error everything works fine (however, I haven't tested fully).

4) Their online support sucks. Every inquiry has resulted in email telling me to call their sales department, which is pretty much useless. I have contacted a support rep by phone and she was helpful but not past basic configuration.

I am still hopeful for this device, I think with proper monitoring of file names I might still be able to use it. Network setup was a snap, all of my systems on my network easily found the device and mapped a drive to it. I have set up the FTP features but have not yet used them. Also they seem to be producing firmware upgrades fairly fast so hopefully they will continue to fix these problems in the near future. Also a lot of people reported having problems with the ext3 file system. In the latest firmware they removed this option.

Good luck.
Get more detail about D-Link 2-Bay Network Attached Storage Enclosure DNS-323.


!: In Usa Nikon D70 !: Pool Solar Cover Reel Grand Sale !: Good Bath Sponges







No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。